The church in the Cultural Center is the result of a combination of four Copenhagen free churches. The church today is derived from some of Denmark's earliest pine churches, where the oldest was founded in 1911.
In the early 80's, the four churches began to work together. It was among other things major projects such as the establishment of a common Bible school and of Copenhagen Christian Radio / TV.
The cooperation brought the four congregations closer together. In 1993 they joined together and formed Copenhagen's Pentecostal Church. The merger was motivated by a common desire to reach Copenhagen with the Christian message.
In 1997, Pentecost Copenhagen bought the property on Drejervej. The congregation collected 10 million kroner for a thorough rebuilding of the property. The rebuild lasted two years and was carried out primarily by volunteers from the church.
In 1999 the new building on Drejervej was opened. It became known as the Copenhagen Christian Cultural Center, and the church changed its name to the Church in the Cultural Center. Since then, the church's facilities have formed a framework for social work, cultural events and been a focal point for faith.
The Church of Culture Center celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2011.